Debian / Raspberry Pi OS
Admira Player Installer for Linux
This tool allows you to install the Admira Player Linux in a Debian based distribution.
After the installation, the system will automatically log into a customized lightweight desktop environment which contains just the minimum packages required to install and run the Admira Player.
We call Admira Linux Distribution (ALD) to the result.
- Supported Hardware: i686, x86_64, RaspberryPi 3, RaspberryPi 3 Model B+, RasperryPi 4, RaspberryPI Zero 2 W and Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4 (armv7l).
- Supported OSS: Debian 8.x (Jessie), 9.x (Stretch) or 10.x (Buster), Raspbian Lite (Jessie, Stretch and Buster) and Raspberry Pi OS Lite (Legacy).
How to install Admira Player
Assuming you have the Debian/Raspberry Pi OS (Legacy) already installed, follow the steps below in order to install the Admira Player in your computer.
Note: If you don’t know how to install Raspberry Pi OS and/or Debian go to the sections: Install Raspberry Pi OS Lite and Install Debian at the end of the document.
- If you are using Raspberry Pi OS, log into the system using the
piuser and the password
raspberryotherwise log using the
rootuser created at installation time. Then execute the following command:
- In Raspberry Pi OS:
wget -qO - https://bitbucket.org/admira/admira-ald/raw/master/setup | sudo -E bash -
- In Debian:
wget -qO - https://bitbucket.org/admira/admira-ald/raw/master/setup | bash -
- In Raspberry Pi OS:
- Set a password for the admira user when prompted.
- When the script ends, just reboot the system with this command:
- The system will start a desktop enviroment.
- Right-click with the mouse and select: Applications > Admira Player > Install
- Follow the instructions and restart the system.
- The system will start the ADmira Player register screen.
- Register the player and add content using the new.admira.mobi platform.
Install Raspberry Pi OS Lite (Legacy)
- Download firmware-10.10.0-i386-netinst.iso or firmware-10.10.0-amd64-netinst.iso and install it.
- Tip: You can use the balenaEtcher tool in order to create a bootable USB flash drive with this image.
- IMPORTANT!!! During the installation process you will be prompted to create a user. Please, do not use
admirafor such a user. Furthermore, select only these two packages groups when in the package selection step:
standard system utilities
- Now follow the steps described in the How to install Admira Player section.